Monday 27 September 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Dickson and Michael Houlihan.
Macbeth, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Tomorrow Will Be Better by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Philco-Goodyear Television Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1948 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Barbara Dickson: Singer.
- Michael Houlihan: Director (Horniman Museum & Gardens).
- Jean De Gliniasty: French diplomat, currently Ambassador of France to Russia.
- Juan Cruz: Spanish journalist and writer who currently holds the position of Assistant to the Director of the newspaper El País.
- Tom Braidwood: Canadian actor director and producer.
- Les Chapman: English footballer and football manager
- Michele Dotrice: English actress
- Duncan Fletcher: Rhodesian-born Zimbabwean cricketer and coach
- Robin Jackson: Irish soldier (d. 1998)
- A Martinez: American actor and singer
- Frank Cellier: Actor (Spider, Quiet Wedding, Big Blockade), dies at 64.
- Carib Song opens at Adelphi Theater NYC for 36 performances
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?