Monday 13 September 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nell Carter and Clyde Kusatsu.
Johnny Belinda, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while Dinner at Antoine's by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Around the Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1948!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 September 1948 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Nell Carter: American actress, 4' 11" and portly.
- Clyde Kusatsu
- Curtis Perry
- Robert Vifian: French restaurateur, the chef-sommelier of the Vietnamese restaurant Tan Dinh in Paris.
- Dimitri Nanopoulos: Greek physicist and academic.
- Sitiveni Rabuka: Fijian general and politician 3rd Prime Minister of Fiji.
- Nell Carter in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; actress (Nell - Gimme a Break, Lobo).
- Clyde Kusatsu in Honolulu: Hawaii; actor (Ali - Bring 'em Back Alive).
- Paul Wegener: German actor, writer and film director known for his pioneering role in German expressionist cinema.
- Margaret Chase Smith is elected senator, and becomes the first woman to serve in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the United States Senate.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?