Monday 6 September 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles "Claydes" Smith and Claydes Charles Smith.
Sorry, Wrong Number, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Around the Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1948 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Charles "Claydes" Smith: Jersey City, New Jersey -- Guitarist (Kool & The Gang).
- Claydes Charles Smith: American musician (Kool & the Gang) (d. 2006).
- Gloria Star: American pro astrologer and author of "Astrology: Woman to Woman," and "The Optimum Child: Developing Your Child's Fullest Potential through Astrology.
- Claydes Smith: American guitarist (Kool & the Gang) (d. 2006).
- Gerrit H Kersten: Vicar / founder (Calvinist Party), dies at 66.
- Mr Strauss Goes to Boston opens at Century Theater NYC for 12 performances
- 37th Davis Cup: USA beats Australia in New York (5-0)
- Juliana becomes Queen of the Netherlands.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?