Saturday September 12, 1998
US date format: 9/12/1998, UK date format: 12/9/1998
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 12, 1998). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith.
In UK No Matter What by Boyzone was in the top 5 hits.
Yerma, directed by Pilar Távora, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Now You See Her by Linda Howard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camila.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mario Party or Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 12, 1998?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- See more
- Bosnian general election, 1998: Votes in Bosnia and Herzegovina go to the polls for a general election.
- The Cuban Five intelligence agents are arrested in Miami, and convicted of espionage. The agents claim they were not spying against the United States Government but against the Cuban exile community in Miami.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 12, 1998?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Monica - The First Night
- Gerald Levert - Thinkin' Bout It
- Kelly Price - Friend Of Mine
- Mya Featuring Silkk The Shocker - Movin' On
- Montell Jordan - I Can Do That
- Nicole Featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott & Mocha - Make It Hot
- Tatyana Ali - Daydreamin'
- Tamia - So Into You
- Next - I Still Love You
- Mase Featuring Puff Daddy - Lookin' At Me
Sport Games on September 12, 1998
Serie AItalian Football
- Fiorentina - Empoli : 2 - 0
- Milan - Bologna : 3 - 0
- Parma - Vicenza : 0 - 0
- Roma - Salernitana : 3 - 1
- Udinese - Sampdoria : 2 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Beveren - Oostende : 5 - 0
- Genk - Aalst : 2 - 0
- Germinal - Anderlecht : 0 - 3
- Mouscron - Lierse : 0 - 0
- St Truiden - Lommel : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Bayern Munich : 0 - 2
- Hamburg - Wolfsburg : 1 - 1
- Hansa Rostock - Duisburg : 3 - 0
- Kaiserslautern - Hertha : 4 - 3
- Schalke 04 - Nurnberg : 2 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Bilbao - Santander : 2 - 0
- Ath Madrid - Salamanca : 2 - 0
- Barcelona - Extremadura : 1 - 0
- Betis - Zaragoza : 1 - 3
- La Coruna - Valencia : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next September 12If September 12, 1998 is your birthday you're 22 years, 18 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 13 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1998?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on September 12, 1998?
On September 12, 1998 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is September 12, 1998?
On September 12, 1998 the zodiac sign was Virgo.
Who was the US President on September 12, 1998?
On September 12, 1998 the US President was Bill Clinton (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on September 12, 1998?
On September 12, 1998 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on September 12, 1998?
On September 12, 1998 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in September 12, 1998?
The number one song in the week of September 12, 1998 was I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith in US and No Matter What by Boyzone in UK.
What were the top hits on September 12, 1998?
The top hits on September 12, 1998 were I Don't Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith, The First Night by Monica, Crush by Jennifer Paige in US and No Matter What by Boyzone, One For Sorrow by Steps, Millennium by Robbie Williams in UK.