Wednesday 13 August 1902
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Felix Wankel and Bartoes [Albertus J Wijstma].
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1902!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1902 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Felix Wankel: German research engineer and inventor-developer of the rotary combustion engine, called the Wankel-motor.
- Bartoes [Albertus J Wijstma]: Cabaret performer / comic.
- Lord Sainsbury of Drury Lane: President (J Sansbury Pics).
- England beat Australia by one wicket at The Oval Famous victory