Wednesday 13 August 1902
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Felix Wankel and Bartoes [Albertus J Wijstma].
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1902!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1902 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Felix Wankel: German research engineer and inventor-developer of the rotary combustion engine, called the Wankel-motor.
- Bartoes [Albertus J Wijstma]: Cabaret performer / comic.
- Lord Sainsbury of Drury Lane: President (J Sansbury Pics).
- England beat Australia by one wicket at The Oval Famous victory