Tuesday 19 August 1902
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emile Buisson and Ogden Nash.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1902!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1902 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Emile Buisson: French criminal, a gang leader sentenced to death and executed in France.
- Ogden Nash: Poet / TV panelist (Masquerade Party), dies at 68.
- Frederic Nash: American writer, the gifted creator of light, humorous verse.
- J B L Reyes: Filipino jurist (d. 1994).
- J Reyes: Filipino lawyer and jurist (d. 1994).