Friday 13 August 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie Alfred Galbraith and George Shearing.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1920 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Charlie Alfred Galbraith: Jazz trombonist.
- George Shearing: London, England -- Blind pianist / composer (Lullabye of Byrdland).
- Jean Honore: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic, formerly Archbishop of Tours, elevated to to Cardinal on February 21, 2001.
- Neville Brand: American actor (d. 1992).
- 24th US Golf Open: Ted Ray shoots a 295 at Inverness Club in Ohio
- Polish-Soviet War: the Battle of Warsaw begins and will last till August 25. The Red Army is defeated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?