Monday 13 December 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Taylor and Ulf G Linden.
Born to the West, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while And So-Victoria by Vaughan Wilkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1937 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Ron Taylor: Canadian baseball player.
- Ulf G Linden: Swedish entrepreneur (d. 2009).
- Kay Coriaty: American pro astrologer, interested in medical and paraphysical.
- Rob Houwer: Dutch director / producer / actor (OK, Professor Columbus).
- Ulf Lindén: Swedish businessman (d. 2009).
- Second Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Nanjing : Nanjing, defended by the National Revolutionary Army under the command of General Tang Shengzhi, falls to the Japanese.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?