Thursday 16 December 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Farrell and Joyce Bulifant in Newport News.
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, directed by William Cottrell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while And So-Victoria by Vaughan Wilkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1937 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Joe Farrell: Rocker.
- Joyce Bulifant in Newport News: Virginia, USA; actress (Marie - Mary Tyler Moore Show).
- Jim Glaser in Spalding: Nebraska, USA; singer (Glaser Brothers - "Getting to Me Again").
- Joyce Bulifant: American actress and singer.
- Edward Ruscha: American painter and photographer.
- Theodore Cole and Ralph Roe attempt to escape from the American federal prison on Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay; neither is ever seen again.
- The original production of the musical ''Me and My Girl'' opens at the West End Victoria Palace Theatre in London. A later revival of this musical would win an award.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?