Thursday 9 December 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bertrice Small and Mary Hahn.
Born to the West, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 December 1937 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Bertrice Small: American writer, a romantic novelist best known for her Skye O'Malley series.
- Mary Hahn: Young Adult Author.
- Darwin Joston: American actor (d. 1998).
- Second Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Nanjing : Japanese troops under the command of Lt. Gen. Asaka Yasuhiko launch an assault on the Chinese city of Nanjing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Maxine Sullivan - Nice Work if You Can Get It
- True Confession - Larry Clinton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?