Saturday 13 November 1937
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kamahl [Kamalesvaran] and Serge Tchuruk.
A Damsel in Distress, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Artists and Their Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1937 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kamahl [Kamalesvaran]: Australian singer (Elephant Song).
- Serge Tchuruk: French businessman of Armenian descent.
- NBC forms first full-sized symphony orchestra exclusively for radio.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1937 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Nice Work if You Can Get It - Fred Astaire
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?