Monday 27 December 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Fascilla .
Sex Madness, directed by Dwain Esper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Years by Virginia Woolf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Craftsmen at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1937!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1937 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Roberto Fascilla: Italian ballet dancer and choreographer.
- Bradman scores 246 South Africa vs. Queensland, 364 mins, 20 fours
- Mae West performs Adam and Eve skit that gets her banned from NBC radio
- German immigration officials, with no explanation, bar Juan Carlos Zabala of Argentina, 1932 Olympic marathon champion, from entering Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1937 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Thanks for the Memory - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- There's a Gold Mine in the Sky - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- Sweet Someone - Horace Heidt & His Orchestra
- In the Still of the Night - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?