Friday February 01, 1918
US date format: 2/1/1918, UK date format: 1/2/1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Muriel Spark and Maurice Laing.
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1918?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Russia adopts Gregorian calender (becomes February 14)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- W.C. Handy's Orchestra - Livery Stable Blues