Wednesday 13 June 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tristane Banon and Nila Hakedal.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky II, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Mommie Dearest by Christina Crawford was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bowling or Invasion Orion.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 June 1979 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Tristane Banon: French journalist and writer (novels and essays).
- Nila Hakedal: Norwegian beach volleyball player.
- Esther Anderson: Australian actress.
- Nila Håkedal: Norwegian volleyball player.
- Miguel Pate: American long jumper.
- Madwoman of Central Park West opens at 22 Steps NYC for 86 performances
- Sioux nation receives $100 million in compensation for Black Hills, South Dakota
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?