Tuesday 12 June 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robyn and Dallas Clark.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Hot Stuff by Donna Summer.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky II, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Island by Peter Benchley was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dungeon of Death or Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1979!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1979 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Robyn : Swedish musician.
- Dallas Clark: American football player.
- Martine Dugrenier: Canadian wrestler.
- Wil Horneff: Englewood, New Jersey -- Actor (Ghost in the Machine, Sandlot).
- Diego Milito: Argentinian football player.
- Earl Watson: American basketball player and coach
- Opening ceremony at Cambridge Buddhist Association in Boston
- Sanista occupies parts of Managua
- Tigers fire manager Les Moss, hiring Sparky Anderson
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Earth, Wind and Fire - Boogie Wonderland
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?