Saturday 9 June 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew W Walker (actor) and Emilie Loit.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love You Inside Out by Bee Gees.
In UK Sunday Girl by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky II, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxian or Sheriff.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 June 1979 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Andrew W Walker (actor)
- Emilie Loit
- Sarah-Laure Estragnat
- Dario Dainelli: Italian footballer.
- Akiko Kobayashi: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Ryoko Kuninaka: Japanese actress and singer.
- Amanda Lassiter: American basketball player.
- Jasper Redd: American comedian actor and screenwriter.
- Chris Tilton: American composer and conductor.
- Andrew Walker: Canadian actor and producer.
- Émilie Loit: French tennis player who rose to fame when she played against American superstar Serena Williams before losing 6–3, 6–7, 5–7 in a tough first round 2003 Australian Open match.
- Rachel Sylvia: American teenager who lived in the cult camp of David Koresh from the time she was four, when her mom joined.
- Cyclone Taylor: Canadian ice hockey player and politician (d. 1979).
- 111th Belmont: Ruben Hernandez aboard Coastal wins in 2:28.6
- 49th French Womens Tennis: Chris Evert beats Wendy Turnbull (62 60)
- Phillies wear burgundy uniforms for 1st and last time
- Michael Cairney topples a record row of 169,713 dominoes.
- The Ghost Train Fire at Luna Park Sydney (New South Wales, Australia) kills seven.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Love You Inside Out
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Sister Sledge - We Are Family
- Peaches & Herb - Reunited
- Randy Vanwarmer - Just When I Needed You Most
- Anita Ward - Ring My Bell
- Supertramp - The Logical Song
- Rickie Lee Jones - Chuck E.'s In Love
- Jacksons - Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
- Kenny Rogers - She Believes In Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?