Friday 13 May 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Franklin Ajaye in Brooklyn and John Glover.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while American Freedom And Catholic Power by Paul Blanshard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Clock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1949 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Franklin Ajaye in Brooklyn: New York, USA; comedian/actor (Jazz Singer, Car Wash).
- John Glover: Conductor.
- Overend Watts: Rock bassist (Mott the Hoople-All the Young Dudes).
- Zoe Wanamaker: English/American actress.
- Christiane Falmat: French homicide; she stabbed her lesbian girlfriend to death in a jealous fight.
- Jane Glover: English conductor and scholar
- Zoë Wanamaker: American-English actress
- Philip Kruse: Norwegian trumpeter and orchestra leader
- 1st British-produced jet bomber, Canberra, makes its 1st test flight
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dinah Shore & Buddy Clark - Baby, It's Cold Outside
- Again - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?