Sunday 13 May 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul McDermott and Sean McDonough.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Soldier Boy by The Shirelles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Peeping Tom, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1962 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Paul McDermott: Australian all-round entertainer and Renaissance man, a comedian, radio, television and stage personality, singer, artist, book illustrator and writer.
- Sean McDonough: American sports announcer; son of longtime Boston Globe writer and TV sportscaster, Will McDonough, Sean McDonough has established his own reputation as respected sports announcer.
- Paul Burstow: English politician.
- Nick Hurd: English businessman and politician Minister for Civil Society.
- Kathleen Jamie: Scottish poet and academic.
- Eduardo Palomo: Mexican actor (d. 2003)
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Western Golf Open.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Jay and the Americans - She Cried
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Twist, Twist Senora
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?