Thursday 28 August 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Frame and Richard K Sorenson.
Open All Night, directed by Paul Bern, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1924 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Janet Frame: New Zealand -- Novelist (Intensive Care, Owls Do Cry).
- Richard K Sorenson
- Peggy Ryan: American actress and dancer (d. 2004).
- Tony MacGibbon: New Zealand cricketer and engineer (d. 2010).
- Peggy Ryan in Long Beach: California, USA; actress (Jenny - Hawaii Five-O).
- Zalman Schachter-Shalomi: Ukrainian-American rabbi and author (d. 2014).
- Vilayat Khan: Composer.
- Richard Sorenson: American military, United States Marine who received the Medal of Honor during World War II for his heroism during the Marine landing on Kwajalein Atoll on the night of 1 February 1944.
- The Georgian opposition stages the August Uprising against the Soviet Union.
- Georgia rises against the Soviet Union in an abortive rebellion, in which several thousands die.
- The Hanapepe Massacre occurs on Kauai, Hawaii.
- The 8-hour work day is introduced in Belgium.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Spain - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Indiana Moon - John McCormack
- There's Yes! Yes! in Your Eyes - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra