Tuesday 13 October 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Gorman in Jamaica and Elizabeth Furse.
The Charge of the Light Brigade, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1936 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Cliff Gorman in Jamaica: New York, USA; actor (Boys in the Band, Angel).
- Elizabeth Furse: (Rep-D-Oregon).
- John Menzies: Scottish publisher / banker / multi-millionaire.
- Jim McMullan in Long Beach: New York, USA; actor, starred in hundreds of films and TV shows.
- Donald McHenry: American government appointee, the 14th U.S.
- Chitti Babu: Indian veena player and composer (d. 1996)
- Explosion caused by leaking gas rips out section 12 of Cleveland Stadium
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?