Sunday 4 August 1901
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Armstrong and Louie "Satchmo" Armstrong.
The 'Abbot' and 'Cresceus' Race, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
while The Crisis by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1901!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1901 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Louis Armstrong: American jazz trumpeter, a raspy voiced singer and band leader who was known as the great "Satchmo" for Satchelmouth, the size of his mouth.
- Louie "Satchmo" Armstrong: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Jazz trumpeter (Hello Dolly).
- Willy Krause: Germany Actor.
- Clarence Passailaigue: Jamaican cricketer (d. 1972).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1901 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When I Think of You - Mina Hickman
- Hello Central, Give Me Heaven - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?