Sunday 14 April 1991
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Melisa Pamuk and Josh Gordon.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I've Been Thinking About You by Londonbeat.
In UK The One And Only by Chesney Hawkes was in the top 5 hits.
Oscar, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Next Century by David Halberstam was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Swamp Thing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Eternal Legend or Civilization.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1991
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1991!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1991 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
Famous Birthdays:14 April
- Mule Bone closes at Ethel Barrymore Theater NYC after 67 performances
- Oh, Kay! closes at Lunt-Fontanne Theater, New York City
- Chicago Blackhawks becomes first NHL regular season champion in 20 years to lose in first round of the playoffs (to Minnesota North Stars).
- 55th Golf Masters Championship: Ian Woosnam wins, shooting a 277.
- The Republic of Georgia introduces the post of President after its declaration of independence from the Soviet Union.
- Inauguration of the EBRD.
- The European Economic Community lifts economic sanctions on South Africa in response to moves to end the apartheid system.
- April 16–18 ndash Soviet President Gorbachev begins the first ever visit of a Soviet leader to Japan, but fails to resolve the two countries' dispute over ownership of the Kuril Islands.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Johnny Gill - Wrap My Body Tight
- Freddie Jackson - Do Me Again
- Ralph Tresvant - Stone Cold Gentleman
- Guy - Let's Chill
- Tony Toni Tone - Whatever You Want
- Getting Back Into Love - Gerald Alston
- The Whispers - Is It Good To You
- I'm Dreamin' (From "New Jack City") - Christopher Williams
- Diana Ross & Al B. Sure! - No Matter What You Do
- Marva Hicks - Never Been In Love Before
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Basta - Franco de Vita
- Banda Blanca - Sopa De Caracol
- Te Pareces Tanto A El - Myriam Hernandez
- Mi Deseo - Los Bukis
- Demasiado Herida - Paloma San Basilio
- Jose Jose - Esa Mujer
- Gloria Estefan - Desde La Oscuridad
- Estrellitas Y Duendes - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Jose Javier Solis - Sentimental
- Ednita Nazario - Lo Que Son Las Cosas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?