Monday 1 April 1991
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1991). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francesca Testasecca and Dexter Manning.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Coming Out Of The Dark by Gloria Estefan.
In UK The One And Only by Chesney Hawkes was in the top 5 hits.
Mortal Thoughts, directed by Alan Rudolph, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Damage by Josephine Hart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Swamp Thing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing American Gladiators or Flight of the Intruder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1991
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1991!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1991 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Francesca Testasecca
- Reilly Smith: Hockey Player.
- Dexter Manning: YouTube Star.
- Graham Candy: New Zealand singer-songwriter and actor.
- Antonio Pontarelli: American singer-songwriter and violinist.
- Warsaw Pact officially dissolves
- Dwight Goodin signs US$5.15 million three year contract with New York Mets.
- US Supreme Court rules jurors can't be barred from serving due to race.
- Iran releases British hostage Roger Cooper after five years.
- 53rd NCAA Mens Basketball Champion: Duke Bluedevils beats Kansas 72-65.
- US minimum wage goes from $3.80 to $4.25 per hour.
- Comedy Central is launched in its current format.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Freddie Jackson - Do Me Again
- Johnny Gill - Wrap My Body Tight
- Guy - Let's Chill
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- Stone Cold Gentleman - Ralph Tresvant
- Hold You Tight - Tara Kemp
- Getting Back Into Love - Gerald Alston
- It's A Shame (My Sister) - Monie Love Featuring True Image
- Jasmine Guy - Another Like My Lover
- Tony Toni Tone - Whatever You Want
Top #10 Latin songs
- No Basta - Franco de Vita
- Sopa De Caracol - Banda Blanca
- Te Pareces Tanto A El - Myriam Hernandez
- Demasiado Herida - Paloma San Basilio
- Mi Deseo - Los Bukis
- Esa Mujer - Jose Jose
- Estrellitas Y Duendes - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Jose Javier Solis - Sentimental
- Chayanne - Tiempo De Vals
- Tengo Que Olvidar - Roberto Carlos
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?