Friday 26 April 1991
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shahira Barry and Ignacio Varela.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Baby Baby by Amy Grant.
In UK The One And Only by Chesney Hawkes was in the top 5 hits.
Toy Soldiers, directed by Daniel Petrie Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while Riders On The Storm by John Densmore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Astronomers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bahamut Senki or Dahna: Megami Tanjō.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1991!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 April 1991 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
Famous Birthdays:26 April
- Leo Arnaud: French-American composer, arranger and conductor, often of film scores, best known for "Bugler's Dream", which is used as the theme by television networks presenting the Olympic Games in the United States.
- Emily McLaughlin: American actress, known to millions of soap fans as Nurse Jessie Brewer on ABC's "General Hospital.
- Richard Hatfield: Canadian lawyer and politician 26th Premier of New Brunswick (d. 1991).
- Dinosaurs premieres on ABC-TV
- 23 killed in Kansas and Okla by tornadoes
- Carmine Coppola, American composer/conductor/father of Francis Ford Coppola, dies (born 1910).
- Soccer star Diego Maradona, suspended for using cocaine, arrested in Argentina for possession and distribution of illegal narcotics.
- Seventy tornadoes break out in the central United States. Before the outbreak's end, Andover, Kansas, would record the year's only F5 tornado (see Andover, Kansas Tornado Outbreak).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Amy Grant - Baby Baby
- Roxette - Joyride
- Wilson Phillips - You're In Love
- Hi-Five - I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)
- C & C Music Factory - Here We Go
- Londonbeat - I've Been Thinking About You
- Rick Astley - Cry For Help
- Cathy Dennis - Touch Me (All Night Long)
- diVINYLS - I Touch Myself
- Tara Kemp - Hold You Tight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?