Tuesday January 14, 2003
US date format: 1/14/2003, UK date format: 14/1/2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on January 14, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jenna Valenzuela .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
The Sleeping Dictionary, directed by Guy Jenkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Forever by Pete Hamill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chappelle's Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apprentice or Chariots of War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 14, 2003?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- See more
- War on Terrorism: Three more suspects have been arrested in Manchester in England in connection with the investigation into ricin found in London, although it now appears as though the raid was initially carried out as the pursuance of an investigation into immigration issues. A Special Branch police officer, Stephen Oake, was fatally stabbed during the arrests, and three other officers were also injured, one seriously. This brings the total of those arrested to fourteen.
- British humanitarian agency Care International warns that the security situation in Afghanistan is ampquoturgentampquot and warns that coalition troops should not redirect resources from security to nation-building efforts, as this could enable factional forces to overthrow the internationally backed government in Kabul.
- 20,000 workers at US industrial giant General Electric go on strike in 23 states over a GE plan to require workers to pay more for health insurance benefits.
Slovak-American painter and illustrator...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 14, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
- Erykah Badu Featuring Common - Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop)
- B2K & P. Diddy - Bump, Bump, Bump
- Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott - Work It
- Nelly Featuring Kyjuan, Ali & Murphy Lee - Air Force Ones
- Aaliyah - Miss You
Sport Games on January 14, 2003
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Marseille - Rennes : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Oldham - Brentford : 2 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol Rvs - Torquay : 1 - 1
- Oxford - Darlington : 1 - 1
- Shrewsbury - Southend : 0 - 1
- Swansea - Bury : 2 - 3
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2003?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $34.98
- Apple AAPL: opens at $14.69
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $56.33
- General Electric GE: opens at $25.70
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $87.23
- 1 USD = 117.99 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5395 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3841 CHF
- 1 EUR = 124.64 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6579 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 14, 2003?
On January 14, 2003 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is January 14, 2003?
On January 14, 2003 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on January 14, 2003?
On January 14, 2003 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 14, 2003?
On January 14, 2003 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on January 14, 2003?
On January 14, 2003 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on January 14, 2003?
On January 14, 2003 several famous people were born including, Jenna Valenzuela.
Which famous people died on January 14, 2003?
Famous people died on January 14, 2003 include, Koloman Sokol.
What was the number one song in January 14, 2003?
The number one song in the week of January 14, 2003 was Lose Yourself by Eminem in US and Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud in UK.
What were the top hits on January 14, 2003?
The top hits on January 14, 2003 were Lose Yourself by Eminem, Work It by Missy Misdemeanor Elliott, Air Force Ones by Nelly in US and Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud, Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls in UK.