Tuesday 14 January 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jenna Valenzuela .
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud was in the top 5 hits.
Bend It Like Beckham, directed by Gurinder Chadha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Conquerors by Michael Beschloss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Liktena Lidumnieki.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing America's 10 Most Wanted or Dokapon DX.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 2003!
Which were the important events of 14 January 2003 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Koloman Sokol: Slovak-American painter and illustrator (d. 2003).
- War on Terrorism: Three more suspects have been arrested in Manchester in England in connection with the investigation into ricin found in London, although it now appears as though the raid was initially carried out as the pursuance of an investigation into immigration issues. A Special Branch police officer, Stephen Oake, was fatally stabbed during the arrests, and three other officers were also injured, one seriously. This brings the total of those arrested to fourteen.
- British humanitarian agency Care International warns that the security situation in Afghanistan is ampquoturgentampquot and warns that coalition troops should not redirect resources from security to nation-building efforts, as this could enable factional forces to overthrow the internationally backed government in Kabul.
- 20,000 workers at US industrial giant General Electric go on strike in 23 states over a GE plan to require workers to pay more for health insurance benefits.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 January 2003
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Marseille - Rennes : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Oldham - Brentford : 2 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol Rvs - Torquay : 1 - 1
- Oxford - Darlington : 1 - 1
- Shrewsbury - Southend : 0 - 1
- Swansea - Bury : 2 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?