Saturday 14 February 2004, Valentine's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way You Move by OutKast.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / Measure Of A Man by Sam & Mark was in the top 5 hits.
EuroTrip, directed by Jeff Schaffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The Second Chair by John Lescroart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chop Cut Rebuild.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arc the Lad: End of Darkness or Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 2004!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 February 2004 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 February
- In a suburb of Moscow, Russia, the roof of the Transvaal water park collapses, killing more than 25 people, and wounding more than 100 others.
- A new U.S.-sponsored satellite TV channel called Al Hurra (''The Free One'') begins broadcasting in the Middle East and pledges to provide accurate and balanced news, but faces a skeptical Arab audience.
- Marco Pantani, world renowned cyclist, winner of the 1998 Tour de France and the 1998 Giro d'Italia, is found dead in a hotel in the Adriatic city of Rimini, Italy.
- Same-sex marriage in the United States: Staff advisors for U.S. President George W. Bush say he will support the proposed Federal Marriage Amendment to the U.S. Constitution which would outlaw same-sex marriage and federalize marriage law, which has been set by individual states since the founding of the country.
- U.S. President hopeful John Kerry scores two more Democratic primary victories in the State of Nevada and the federally controlled District of Columbia.
- In Moscow, a roof collapses killing about 25 and injuring at least 110.
- Approximately 550 qualified candidates suddenly drop out of Iran's parliamentary election.
- Occupation of Iraq: At least 20 people are killed in the town of Falluja as up to 50 gunmen attack government buildings, in one of the largest guerrilla attacks so far seen in Iraq.
- Disney Channel airs the last episode of ''Lizzie McGuire'' called ampquotMagic Trainampquot
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 February 2004
Serie AItalian Football
- Lazio - Empoli : 3 - 0
- Perugia - Chievo : 0 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Lokeren : 2 - 1
- Antwerp - Charleroi : 3 - 1
- Beveren - Westerlo : 0 - 3
- Lierse - Bergen : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Bayern Munich : 1 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - Hansa Rostock : 1 - 1
- FC Koln - Schalke 04 : 0 - 2
- Freiburg - Hertha : 2 - 3
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Murcia - Sevilla : 1 - 3
- Sociedad - Ath Bilbao : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?