Tuesday 15 January 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcello Pagliero and Henri Jacquier.
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Weavers by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1907 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Marcello Pagliero
- Henri Jacquier: Brest physician.
- Janusz Kusociński: Polish runner and soldier (d. 1940).
- 3-element vacuum tube patented by Dr Lee de Forest.
- Gold dental inlays first described by William Taggart, who invented them.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Linger Longer Girl - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?