Tuesday 14 November 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judy Schwomeyer and Sarah Radclyffe.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while How To Lay A Nest Egg by Edgar Scott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 November 1950 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Judy Schwomeyer: American skater who won a 1968 championship with James Sladky for the ice dance.
- Sarah Radclyffe: English production manager and producer.
- Orhan Veli Kan?k: Turkish writer and poet (Born 1914).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?