Monday 20 November 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacqueline Gourault and Gary Green.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Look Younger, Live Longer by Gayelord Hauser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 November 1950 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Jacqueline Gourault: French politician, a member of the Senate of France, representing the Loir-et-Cher department.
- Gary Green: Rocker (Gentle Giant).
- David Kemper: American banker and CEO in charge of Commerce Bancshares.
- Francesco Cilea: Italian composer and academic (d. 1950).
- T. S. Eliot speaks against television in the UK.
- Anti-British riots erupt in Egypt.
- Shirley Temple announces her retirement from show business.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?