Saturday 18 November 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Grand and Rudy Sarzo.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Little Princesses by Marion Crawford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 November 1950 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Jean-Pierre Grand: French politician, who serves as the mayor of Castelnau-Le-Lez (since 1977) and as Deputy in the French National Assembly (since 2002).
- Rudy Sarzo: Cuban-American bass player (Quiet Riot Whitesnake Dio Blue Öyster Cult Manic Eden and Queensrÿche).
- Dennis Haskins: American actor.
- Graham Parker: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Rumour).
- Eric Pierpoint: American actor and author.
- Michael Swanwick: American author.
- Gerardus van de Lion: Dutch Minister of Education, dies at 60.
- South Korea President Syngman Rhee forced to end mass executions
- The United Nations accepts the formation of the Libyan National Council.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?