Thursday 16 November 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Frogier and Carl J Meade.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Chicago Confidential by Jack Lait and Lee Mortimer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 November 1950 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Pierre Frogier
- Carl J Meade: Illinois, United States -- Major USAF / Astronaut (STS 38, STS 50, 64).
- Fanny Delbrice: French actress, known for Le triomphe de l'amour (1979), Womanlight (1979) and Mon ami Gaylord (1979).
- Juan Romero: Politician.
- David Leisure: American actor.
- John Swartzwelder: American television writer and novelist.
- David Wilson-Johnson: English actor and singer.
- Manuel Zamora: Filipino farmer and politician.
- Bob Smith: American co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Egyptian King Faruk demands departure of all British troops
- UN gets US government approval to issue postage stamps
- US President Truman proclaims emergency crisis caused by communist threat
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?