Friday 17 November 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roland Matthes in the German Democratic Republic 100m/200m backstroke (Olympics-gold-1968 and Tom Walkinshaw.
Cyrano de Bergerac, directed by Michael Gordon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Sign Of Jonah by Nancy Hale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1950 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roland Matthes in the German Democratic Republic 100m/200m backstroke (Olympics-gold-1968: 1972).
- Tom Walkinshaw: Scottish race car driver and businessman founded Tom Walkinshaw Racing (d. 2010).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?