Tuesday 28 November 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed Harris and Ed Harris in Tenafly.
Orpheus, directed by Jean Cocteau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Nuts In May by Cornelia Otis Skinner was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 November 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 November 1950 ?
- Also see November 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith: Holy Day - Ascension of `Abdu'l-Bah�
- Episcopal Diocese of Hawaii: Feast of the Holy Sovereigns in honor of the founders of the Anglican Church of Hawaii
- Albania - Albanian Independence day (from Turkey, 1912); also known as Albanian Flag Day due to other National events that correspond to this day
- Mauritania - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- R.C. Saints - Pope Gregory III
- Ed Harris: American actor.
- Ed Harris in Tenafly: New Jersey, USA; actor (The Right Stuff, Swing Shift, Walker, Coma).
- Harris : American actor whose films include "The Right Stuff," "Glengarry Glen Ross," "Places in The Heart," "Alamo Bay," "The Abyss," "Absolute Power" and "The Truman Show.
- Russell Hulse: American physicist and astronomer Nobel Prize laureate.
- Peeter Torop: Estonian semiotician and academic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?