Monday 15 April 1985
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anaïs Laurendon and Amy Ried.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are The World by USA for Africa.
In UK Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears was in the top 5 hits.
Movers & Shakers, directed by William Asher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while See You Later Alligator by William F. Buckley Jr was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lady Blue.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cops 'n' Robbers or The Earth Fighter Rayieza.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1985 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Anaïs Laurendon
- Amy Ried: American porn actress and director.
- John Danks: American baseball player.
- Ryan Hamilton: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Amy Reid: German pornographic actress.
- Diana Zubiri: Filipino actress.
- Aaron Laffey: American baseball player.
- Chris Cates: American baseball player.
- Challenger moves to launch pad for 51-B missing
- S Africa will repeal sex and marriage laws against whites and non-whites
- 89th Boston Marathon won by Geoff Smith of Great Britain in 2:14:05.
- South Africa ends its ban on interracial marriages.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Back In Stride
- Debarge - Rhythm Of the Night
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Jesse Johnson's Revue - Be Your Man
- Luther Vandross - 'Til My Baby Comes Home
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Wilton Felder With Bobby Womack - I'll Still Be Lookin' Up To You
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Commodores - Nightshift
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?