Saturday April 15, 2006
US date format: 4/15/2006, UK date format: 15/4/2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see zodiac on April 15, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Bad Day by Daniel Powter.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
Over the Hedge, directed by Tim Johnson, Karey Kirkpatrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Jesus Papers by Michael Baigent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching High Hopes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DarkOrbit or Lost Planet (series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 15, 2006?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- See more
- New York City officially opens the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Cost of construction was US$56 million.
- 2006 European floods: The Danube rises to its highest level in more than a century. (CNN)
- In a gunfight with the Afghani Police Force, the Taliban lose 41 fighters and the police lose 6. (National Nine News)
- Two trains collide in Java, Indonesia, killing at least 13 people and injuring 26 others. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 15, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Top #5 Latin songs
- Anais - Lo Que Son Las Cosas
- Juanes - Lo Que Me Gusta A Mi
- Wisin & Yandel - Llame Pa' Verte
- Daddy Yankee - Rompe
- Daddy Yankee - Machucando
Sport Games on April 15, 2006
Serie AItalian Football
- Cagliari - Juventus : 1 - 1
- Chievo - Messina : 2 - 0
- Empoli - Siena : 2 - 1
- Lazio - Livorno : 3 - 1
- Lecce - Udinese : 1 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Beveren : 1 - 1
- Genk - Lierse : 1 - 0
- Gent - Charleroi : 2 - 2
- Germinal - St Truiden : 4 - 0
- Mouscron - Roeselare : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Bielefeld : 2 - 0
- Duisburg - Hamburg : 0 - 2
- Ein Frankfurt - Mainz : 0 - 0
- Hertha - Dortmund : 0 - 0
- Leverkusen - M'gladbach : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- La Coruna - Sevilla : 0 - 0
- Mallorca - Alaves : 0 - 0
- Sociedad - Santander : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- For Leading Exxon to Its Riches, $144,573 a Day Lee R. Raymond, who retired from Exxon in December, was paid more than $686 million from 1993 to 2005. [..]
- See all financial news of April 15th, 2006
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on April 15, 2006?
On April 15, 2006 the day of the week was Saturday.
What zodiac sign is April 15, 2006?
On April 15, 2006 the zodiac sign was Aries.
Who was the US President on April 15, 2006?
On April 15, 2006 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on April 15, 2006?
On April 15, 2006 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on April 15, 2006?
On April 15, 2006 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in April 15, 2006?
The number one song in the week of April 15, 2006 was Bad Day by Daniel Powter in US and Crazy by Gnarls Barkley in UK.
What were the top hits on April 15, 2006?
The top hits on April 15, 2006 were Bad Day by Daniel Powter, Temperature by Sean Paul, You're Beautiful by James Blunt in US and Crazy by Gnarls Barkley, So Sick by Ne-Yo, No Tomorrow by Orson in UK.