Sunday 15 April 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luke Evans and Cooper Barnes.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to What A Fool Believes by The Doobie Brothers.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Dawn of the Dead, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Complete Book Of Running by James F. Fixx was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Highcliffe Manor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABPA Backgammon or Cosmic Guerilla.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1979 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
Famous Birthdays:15 April
- 43rd Golf Masters Championship: Fuzzy Zoeller wins, shooting a 280.
- A disastrous earthquake (of M 7.1) occurs on Montenegro coast.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?