Tuesday 23 April 1985
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taio Cruz and Rachel Skarsten.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are The World by USA for Africa.
In UK Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears was in the top 5 hits.
Aar Paar, directed by Shakti Samanta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while The Class by Erich Segal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Paying Guest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Chimera or I'm Sorry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1985!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1985 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Taio Cruz: Pop Singer.
- Rachel Skarsten
- Marianne Cruz
- Jordan Roberts: American noted family, the daughter and second child of Richard Roberts and wife Lindsay, granddaughter of evangelist Oral Roberts.
- Sharla Japan: YouTube Star.
- Flyers 5-Isles 3 - Patrick Division Finals - Flyers hold 3-0 lead
- New Coke debuts
- Coca-Cola changes its formula and releases New Coke. The response is overwhelmingly negative, and the original formula is back on the market in less than 3 months.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- Commodores - Nightshift
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Animotion - Obsession
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- Bruce Springsteen - I'm On Fire
- Don Henley - All She Wants To Do Is Dance
Top #10 R&B songs
- Debarge - Rhythm Of the Night
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Maze Featuring Frankie Beverly - Back In Stride
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- New Edition - Lost In Love
- Jesse Johnson's Revue - Be Your Man
- Luther Vandross - 'Til My Baby Comes Home
- I'll Still Be Lookin' Up To You - Wilton Felder With Bobby Womack
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Easy Lover - Philip Bailey With Phil Collins
- Phyllis Nelson - Move Closer
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Welcome To The Pleasuredome
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?