Tuesday 15 April 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 15, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvain Marveaux and Ester Dean.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Kiss by Prince.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Blue City, directed by Michelle Manning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Paradise Postponed by John Mortimer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rambo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gunship or Mantronix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 April 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1986!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1986 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Sylvain Marveaux: French footballer.
- Amy Hoggart: Comedian.
- Ester Dean: Pop Singer.
- Tom Heaton: English footballer.
- Quincy Owusu-Abeyie: Ghanaian footballer.
- Giorgio Rubino: Italian race walker.
- US air raids Libya, responding to La Belle disco, Berlin bombing
- US aircraft attacks five terrorist locations in Libya; 15 deaths.
- The United States launches Operation El Dorado Canyon, its bombing raids against Libyan targets in response to a bombing in West Germany that killed two U.S. servicemen.
- John McCarthy is kidnapped in Beirut (released in August 1991) ndash 3 others are found dead Revolutionary Cells (RZ) claims responsibility in retaliation for the U.S. bombing of Libya.
- A treaty ends the Three Hundred and Thirty Five Years' War between the Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly.
- The Hindawi Affair begins when an Irishwoman is found unknowingly carrying explosives onto an El Al flight from London to Tel Aviv.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
- Stephanie Mills - I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Ca$hflow - Party Freak
- Stevie Wonder - Overjoyed
- I'm Not Gonna Let (You Get The Best Of Me) - Colonel Abrams
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?