Wednesday May 15, 1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 15, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delphine Ledoux and Carl Medjani.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
Fletch, directed by Michael Ritchie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Queenie by Michael Korda was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Road Blaster or Super Mario.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1985!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1985 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Delphine Ledoux
- Carl Medjani
- Derek Hough: American dancer and choreographer.
- Tania Cagnotto: Italian member of a noted family, the daughter of the diver Georgio Cagnotto.
- Georgia Salpa: Model.
- Cristiane : Brazilian footballer.
- Justine Robbeson: South African javelin thrower.
- Ashlynn Yennie: Movie Actress.
- Dustin Lynch: Musician.
- Jackie Curtis: American drag performer, Warholian superstar, actor, playwright, poet, and cabaret singer.
- Everton wins 25th Europe Cup II at Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- An explosive device sent by the Unabomber injures John Hauser at University of California in Berkeley.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Top #10 R&B songs
- Kool & The Gang - Fresh
- USA For Africa - We Are The World
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- Debarge - Rhythm Of the Night
- Klymaxx - Meeting In The Ladies Room
- The Gap Band - I Found My Baby
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Electric Lady - ConFunkShun
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?