Wednesday 15 May 1985
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Delphine Ledoux and Carl Medjani.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds.
In UK 19 by Paul Hardcastle was in the top 5 hits.
A View to a Kill, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Loving Each Other by Leo Buscaglia was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Henderson Kids.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gun.Smoke or Fight Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1985!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 May 1985 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Delphine Ledoux
- Carl Medjani
- Ashlynn Yennie: Movie Actress.
- Cristiane : Brazilian footballer.
- Justine Robbeson: South African javelin thrower.
- Tania Cagnotto: Italian member of a noted family, the daughter of the diver Georgio Cagnotto.
- Derek Hough: American dancer and choreographer.
- Jackie Curtis: American drag performer, Warholian superstar, actor, playwright, poet, and cabaret singer.
- Everton wins 25th Europe Cup II at Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- An explosive device sent by the Unabomber injures John Hauser at University of California in Berkeley.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simple Minds - Don't You (Forget About Me)
- Madonna - Crazy For You
- Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok
- Wham! - Everything She Wants (Remix)
- Sade - Smooth Operator
- The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
- DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
- USA for Africa - We Are The World
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?