Thursday 15 August 2002US date format: 8/15/2002, UK date format: 15/8/2002
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 2002). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK Colourblind by Darius was in the top 5 hits.
The Magdalene Sisters, directed by Peter Mullan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Stupid White Men by Michael Moore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cavegirl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dynomite! or Die Hard: Nakatomi Plaza.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 2002
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 2002!
Which were the important events of 15 August 2002 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 August
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2002?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Nelly - Hot In Herre
- Nelly Featuring Kelly Rowland - Dilemma
- N.O.R.E. - Nothin'
- I Need A Girl (Part Two) - P. Diddy & Ginuwine Featuring Loon, Mario Winans & Tammy Ruggeri
- Mario - Just A Friend 2002
- Down 4 U - Irv Gotti Presents The Inc. Featuring Ja Rule, Ashanti, Charli Baltimore & Vita
- Move B***h - Ludacris Featuring Mystikal & Infamous 2.0
- Ashanti - Happy
- Musiq - halfcrazy
- Amerie - Why Don't We Fall In Love
Top #10 Latin songs
- Y Tu Te Vas - Chayanne
- Juanes - A Dios Le Pido
- Yo Puedo Hacer - Ricardo Montaner
- Pilar Montenegro - Quitame Ese Hombre
- El Dolor De Tu Presencia - Jennifer Pena
- Mentiroso - Enrique Iglesias
- Entra En Mi Vida - Sin Bandera
- Es Por Amor - Alexandre Pires
- Si Tu Te Vas [Don't Say Goodbye] - Paulina Rubio
- Jerry Rivera - Vuela Muy Alto
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.30
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $61.55
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $61.00
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $14.97
- 1 AUD = 0.8077 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.8485 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.286 CHF
- 1 GBP = 2.4019 CAD
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?