Sunday 22 December 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frankie Darro and William Kennedy.
Little Orphant Annie, directed by Colin Campbell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1918 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Frankie Darro: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Radio Ranch, Valley of Wanted Men).
- William Kennedy: baseball player.
- Brunella Gasperini: Italian writer of women's pages in the '60s and '70s.
- Pierre Espil: Hasparren Writer.
- Albijn van de Abeele Flemish author/mayor/painter: dies at age 83.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- While You're Away (Pack Up Your Cares in a Bundle of Joy) - Peerless Quartet
- New York Philharmonic Orchestra - Waltz of the Flowers
- Cathedral Chimes - Prince's Orchestra