Saturday 15 June 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Rockenfield and Helen Hunt in Los Angeles.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
PT 109, directed by Leslie H. Martinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1963 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Scott Rockenfield: Drummer (Queensryche-Breaking the Silence).
- Helen Hunt in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Jill - Amy Prentiss, Lisa - It Takes Two).
- Nigel Walker: Welsh athlete and rugby union player.
- Helen Hunt: American actress, best known for her role on the TV series, "Mad About You," 1992-99.
- Marina Azyabina: Russian hurdler.
- Mario Gosselin: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- Igor Paklin: Kyrgyzstani high jumper
- Blanca Portillo: Spanish actress
- Sound of Music closes at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC after 1443 performances
- Sukiyaki hits #1
- Buddy Nobles runs world record marathon (2:14:28)
- Israeli Premier David Ben-Gurion resigns
- San Francisco Giants' Juan Marichal no-hits Houston Colt 45s, 1-0.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Darin - 18 Yellow Roses
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?