Monday 17 June 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Glover and Christophe Barratier.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
PT 109, directed by Leslie H. Martinson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1963 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Kevin Glover: NFL center (Detroit Lions).
- Christophe Barratier: French film producer, director, and lyricist, nephew of Jacques Perrin, film director.
- Greg Kinnear: American actor who worked as host and executive producer of E! Entertainment Television’s popular "Talk Soup," 1991-94.
- British House of Commons debates Profumo-Christine Keeler affair
- Supreme Court rules against Bible reading / prayer in public schools
- US Supreme Court rules against Bible reading/prayer in public schools.
- The United States Supreme Court rules 8 to 1 in Abington School District v. Schempp against allowing the reciting of Bible verses and the Lord's Prayer in public schools.
- A day after South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem announced the Joint Communique to end the Buddhist crisis, a riot involving around 2,000 people breaks out, killing one.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?