Monday 10 June 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeanne Tripplehorn and Louis Emerick.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1963 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Jeanne Tripplehorn: American actress.
- Louis Emerick: English actor.
- Brad Henry: American lawyer and politician 26th Governor of Oklahoma.
- Tony Ward: American model and actor.
- JFK signs law for equal pay for equal work for men andwomen
- resident John F. Kennedy delivers his Peace Speech at American University.
- The University of Central Florida is established by the Florida legislature.
- In Saigon, Buddhist monk Thích Quảng Ðức commits self-immolation to protest the oppression of Buddhists by the Ngo Dinh Diem administration.
- Alabama Governor George C. Wallace stands in the door of the University of Alabama to protest against integration, before stepping aside and allowing African Americans James Hood and Vivian Malone to enroll.
- President John F. Kennedy delivered a historic Civil Rights Address, in which he promises a Civil Rights Bill, and asks for ampquotthe kind of equality of treatment that we would want for ourselves.ampquot
- Medgar Evers is murdered in Jackson, Mississippi (his killer is convicted in 1994).
- Release of the film ''Cleopatra''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Darin - 18 Yellow Roses
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?