Saturday 1 June 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vital Borkelmans and Christophe Tiozzo.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to It's My Party by Lesley Gore.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Irma la Douce, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1963 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Vital Borkelmans: Belgian football left fullback who mainly played for Club Brugge (350 matches in Jupiler League with that club).
- Christophe Tiozzo: French boxer of Italian descent, brother of Franck and Fabrice (also boxers).
- Mike Joyce: English drummer (The Smiths and Buzzcocks).
- Miles Padgett: Scottish physicist and academic.
- El Watusi by Ray Barreto hits #17
- Jomo Kenyatta becomes 1st Premier of Kenya
- King Victor Emmanual III of Italy becomes Emperor of Ethiopia.
- Kenya gains internal self-rule (Madaraka Day).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Lou Christie - Two Faces Have I
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?