Sunday 30 June 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Dujardin and Yngwie Malmsteen.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Summer Magic, directed by James Neilson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while The Ordeal Of Power by Emmet John Hughes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1963 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Paul Dujardin: Belgian art historian and Director-general of the Centre for Fine Arts (BOZAR) in Brussels.
- Yngwie Malmsteen: Swedish guitarist.
- Rupert Graves: Actor (Damage, Handful of Dust, Maurice).
- Olha Bryzhina: Ukrainian sprinter.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Carvel Ladies Golf Open
- Cardinal Montini elected Pope Paul VI, 262nd head of Roman Catholic Church.
- Ciaculli massacre: a car bomb, intended for Mafia boss Salvatore Greco, kills seven between police officers and military personnel near Palermo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?