Saturday 15 June 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Demtra Hampton and Tim Lester.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Thomas Crown Affair, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Me Mammy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1968 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Demtra Hampton: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Model (Garda).
- Tim Lester: NFL fullback (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Karoly Guttler: Hungarian swimmer.
- Demetra Hampton: American actress and model, best known for portraying the character of Valentina in the eponymous Italian television series.
- Mel Giedroyc: TV Actress.
- How Now, Dow Jones closes at Lunt Fontanne NYC after 220 performances
- I Do! I Do! closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 561 performances
- New Faces of 1965 closes at Booth Theater NYC after 52 performances
- John Lennon andYoko Ono plant an acorn at Conventry Cathedral
- Yummy Yummy Yummy by Ohio Express hits #4
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 June 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?