Thursday 15 October 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 15, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
Not Since You, directed by Jeff Stephenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fear Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Again or Coraline.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 15 October 2009 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 October
- Treaty of Lisbon:
- President of Ireland Mary McAleese signs the Lisbon Treaty after returning from Luxembourg. (''Taiwan News'')
- Ugandan MP David Bahati proposes creating a capital offence of ampquotaggravated homosexualityampquot for gay sex with people under 18, disabled people or when the accused is HIV-positive. (BBC)
- The U.N. General Assembly elects Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Gabon, Lebanon and Nigeria to the U.N. Security Council as non-veto-holding members. (Reuters)
- Narges Kalhor, the daughter of a senior adviser to President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, applies for asylum in Germany. (Reuters)
- Burma and Bangladesh send warships to a disputed area in the Bay of Bengal west of St. Martin's Island. (Mizzima)
- Three of the five members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee initially argued against awarding U.S. President Barack Obama the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. (Primary source: Verdens Gang)
- North Korea accuses South Korea of intruding into its territorial waters, further raising tensions on the Korean Peninsula. (AFP)
- Palestinians have urged the UN to act to punish Israel for its offensive in the Gaza Strip last winter. (''Ha'aretz'')
- At least 37 people are killed in a series of bomb attacks in Pakistani cities by militants. (''Indian Express'')
- A further six people are sentenced to death over ethnic unrest in China's Xinjiang region in July. (BBC)
- The International Criminal Court opens an investigation into the suppression of an opposition protest in Guinea, in which dozens of people were killed. (Associated Press)
- Finland becomes the first country in the world to declare Internet broadband access a legal right. (CNN)
- The ruling party in Malaysia, the United Malays National Organisation, announces internal reforms after a series of defeats in local elections. (Bernama)
- Militants launch attacks on police in Lahore, the capital of Punjab province, in Pakistan, killing 31 people after a week of violence in which more than 100 people died. (Reuters)
- Norwegian pop trio a-ha announce they are to split after 25 years together. (''The Independent'')
- A worldwide media circus surrounds an incident in which a six-year-old boy is alleged to be flying in a homemade hot-air balloon the boy was later found safe at home. (CNN)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Under - Pleasure P
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Number One - R. Kelly Featuring Keri Hilson
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
Top #10 Latin songs
- Shakira - Loba
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Senior Treasury officials would like more of the nation’s biggest banks to repay billions of dollars in taxpayer money that bailed them out over the last year. [..]
You can charge your various cellphones and hand-held game machines by placing them on a wireless magnetic induction charging pad from Powermat. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.04
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $62.50
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $63.46
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.67
- 1 CHF = 6.7257 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6043 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9818 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.287 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?