Thursday October 15, 1987
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 15, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yekaterina Lisina and Samy Amimour.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Lost In Emotion by Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam.
In UK You Win Again by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Fatal Beauty, directed by Tom Holland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Great Depression Of 1990 by Ravi Batra was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anime san jushi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Captain America in: The Doom Tube of Dr. Megalomann or Indoor Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 October 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 15 October 1987 ?
- United States - White Cane Safety Day, National Grouch Day, Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Teresa of Avila
- Roman festivals - the Equirria or October equus: sacrifice of a horse to Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Amaryllis (Amaryllis) Day, twenty-fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Yekaterina Lisina
- Samy Amimour
- Jay Pharoah: Actor.
- Jesse Levine: Canadian-American tennis player.
- Chantal Strand: Canadian actress, singer and voice actress.
- Ott Tänak: Estonian race car driver.
- Thomas Sankara: Burkinabé captain and politician 5th President of Burkina Faso (d. 1987).
- Late Nite Comic opens at Ritz Theater NYC for 4 performances
- 6th Belgium government of Martens falls
- Coup in Burkina Faso, President Sankara dies
- NFL Players Association orders an end to the 24-day strike.
- The Great Storm of 1987 hits France and England.
- October 16 ampndash Great Storm of 1987: Hurricane-force winds hit much of South England, killing 23 people.
- Black Monday: Stock market levels fall sharply on Wall Street and around the world.
- U.S. warships destroy 2 Iranian oil platforms in the Persian Gulf
- Two commuter trains collide head-on on the outskirts of Jakarta, Indonesia 102 are killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Bad
- Glenn Jones - We've Only Just Begun (The Romance Is Not Over)
- Stephanie Mills - (You're Puttin') A Rush On Me
- Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - I Don't Think That Man Should Sleep Alone
- The O'Jays - Lovin' You
- Madame X - Just That Type Of Girl
- Surface - Lately
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- 4 By Four - Come Over
Top #9 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- You Win Again - The Bee Gees
- Pump Up The Volume / Anitina (The First Time I See She Dance) - MARRS
- Abigail Mead & Nigel Goulding - Full Metal Jacket (I Wanna Be Your Drill Instructor)
- Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme
- Michael Jackson - Bad
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?