Monday 16 January 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Grillz by Nelly.
In UK That's My Goal by Shayne Ward was in the top 5 hits.
Little Miss Sunshine, directed by Jonathan Dayton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching High Stakes Poker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A-VCS-tec Challenge or Call of Juarez.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 2006!
Which were the important events of 16 January 2006 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 January
- Stanley Biber: American physician, pioneer of transgender surgery (d. 2006).
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf is sworn in as Liberia's new president. She becomes Africa's first female elected head of state.
- NASA launches the New Horizons spacecraft from Florida, on a mission to rendezvous Pluto and its Moon Charon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 January 2006
Division 2Football (France)
- Brest - Bastia : 0 - 2
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Watford - Stoke : 1 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Larisa - Panionios : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Setubal - Boavista : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?